- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Brown and set aside
- Brown the sliced sausages and set aside with chicken.
- Add 2T butter, pancetta and flour to create roux stirring constantly.
- Add 3T butter and saute onions, garlic, green peppers, celery, and parsley until soft.
- Add 6-9 cups of beef stock with thyme, bay leaves, cajun seasoning, salt and pepper
- Add the chicken and sausage
- Bring to boil and simmer for 1 hour
- Add stewed tomato
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour
- Top with green onions and gumbo file powder and serve over rice.
Adapted from dailyrecipedoctor